International Bodrum

I have been a supporter of Bodrumspor (now Sipay Bodrum FK) for many years and have occasionally posted something about the team and its stadium on Facebook or Instagram. Now they are in the top league of Turkish football and I have had many people ask me questions about the team and Turkish football in general, so I thought its time to start a regular blog for anyone who wants to know a little more about my local team.

 

Many are interested in how a team that started as a municipality owned amateur team got to be in the top division and how they are managing among the big hitters in the Super Lig. I'll say something about those things later, but since we are currently in an international break, I thought I would start with a picture of how Bodrum fits on the international footballing stage.

 

At the last home match, 8 of the starting lineup were foreign players, and only 3 Turkish (the visitors had 7 and 4). That stat alone puts Bodrumspor at a similar level to top teams in many of the European leagues.


Coming into this international break, 5 players were called up for international duty, one youngster for the Turkish under 20 squad, the rest for their home country.



Not too bad for a team enjoying their first ever season in the top league.


That's it for today, more in coming days to give a flavour of football in Bodrum ⚽️



Comments

Post a Comment